Rachael SageMake Press Inquiry
A soulful vocalist and innovative multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter and producer Rachael Sage is one of the busiest touring artists in independent music, performing 100+ dates a year both solo and with her band The Sequins throughout the US, UK, & Europe. She has earned a loyal following for her dynamic piano playing, delicate guitar work, soulful vocals, and improvisational audience interaction.
Sage has shared stages with Sarah McLachlan, Beth Hart, Judy Collins, Shawn Colvin, Marc Cohn, Jamie Cullum, The Animals and Ani DiFranco. She has performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and received numerous songwriting awards including The John Lennon Songwriting Contest (Grand Prize) and several Independent Music Awards. Her songs have appeared on MTV, HBO, the Fame soundtrack, and had over 20 placements on Lifetime’s controversial reality series, Dance Moms.
Sage herself is a former dancer who studied at the School of American Ballet in her teens, and she has been thrilled to see her music widely embraced by the lyrical dance community over the past several years (videos featuring young girls dancing to her music have received over 9 million hits on YouTube). Her 2016 album Choreographic delivers a musically ambitious and emotionally accessible tribute to dance, her very first love. She “envisioned each song as a fully-choreographed multi-media experience”; the result is an inspired set of piano-based chamber-pop merging orchestral elements with her signature blend of folk, pop and rock. The album was co-produced by Sage and Grammy-winning producer Andy Zulla (Idina Menzel, Rod Stewart).
“One part Elton John, one part Kate Bush” — Uncut
"her keen ironic sense of humor and quirky sense of the profound is what makes her special as a songwriter“ — billboard.com
Pop | Indie Rock
- Boston, MA
EP Release Party to Benefit Refugee Charity - Rachael Sage 6.13.17
New York, NY: Four-time Independent Music Award-winner and multi-instrumentalist Rachael Sage will perform at Club Passim on June 13. The show will be a dual release party for Sage's new EP, The Tide, and for co-headliner Mary Bragg's latest album, Lucky Strike. All proceeds from The Tide will be donated to the world's leading global refugee charity, ArcLife.org (American Refugee Committee).
The NYC-based singer, songwriter and producer returns from the UK after playing sold-out...
- 06/13/2017, Boston, MA, Club Passim, 8:00 PM View
- 06/05/2017, New York, NY, The Bitter End, 8:00 PM View
- 05/20/2017, New York, NY, The Jalopy Theater, 7:00 PM View
- 05/13/2017, Baltimore, MD, Stoltz Listening Room / Avalon Theater, 8:00 PM View
- 05/07/2017, New York, NY, Rockwood Music Hall, 7:00 PM View
- 04/14/2017, Wilmington, DE, World Café Live, 7:30 PM View
- 03/04/2017, Kent, OH, Kent Theater, 8:00 PM View
- 03/03/2017, Plymouth, MA, Spire Center for Performing Arts, 7:00 PM View
- Portland Radio Project, Concert review, 11/01/2014, Rachael Sage’s Blue Roses Tour Anything But Blue!
- Life After 50 Magazine, Feature story, 11/07/2014, True Blue Gratitude
- All Music Guide, Album listing, 10/30/2014, Album Premere: Rachael Sage "Blue Roses" See Text
- Press & Sun-Bulletin, Feature story, 04/23/2014, Sage charts 'New Destination' with EP
- Arena , Feature story, 09/10/2014, Rachael Sage: Kissed By A Blue Rose
- Elmore Magazine, Feature story, 09/09/2014, EXCLUSIVE: Rachael Sage Shares Lead Track off Upcoming Album
- Indie-Music, Feature story, 05/01/2014, ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: REVIEW: RACHAEL SAGE, “NEW DESTINATION”
- Windy City Times, Feature story, 09/10/2014, DANCIN' FEATS Singer Rachael Sage featured on 'Dance Moms'